Children with Disabilities / Special Health Care Needs
- Autism Grants for Families - www.autismspeaks.org/autism-grants-families
- Children's Special Health Services Financial Assistance Program, DPHHS - https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/cshs/FinancialAssistance Can provide up to $2,000 per year of financial assistance for treatment and enabling services for qualifying children and youth with special healthcare needs.
- ACLU of Montana - www.aclumontana.org/
- Montana Human Rights Bureau Complaint - http://erd.dli.mt.gov/human-
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights - www2.ed.gov/about/offices/
Guardianship / Supported Decision Making
- Guardianship / Conservatorship Brief (MT DPHHS) - https://dphhs.mt.gov/Portals/85/sltc/documents/legaldeveloper/5GuardianConservatorships.pdf
- Montana Parent's Handbook on Transition (PLUK Legacy Resource) - http://pluk.org/Pubs/PLUK_Transition_Adult_04_2008.pdf
- UM Rural Institute Alternatives to Guardianship Toolkit - http://ruralinstitute.umt.edu/transition/atg.asp
- Montana Guardianship Legal Assistance Program (MT-GLAP) - https://courts.mt.gov/cao/ct_services/probono/resourcearticles/mt-glap
Social Security Administration Benefits for Children with Disabilities
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Children - SSI is a Federal income supplement program designed to help children who are blind or disabled under the age of 18.
Reduces waiting time to reach a disability determination for children with the most serious disabilities.
Trusts / Savings Accounts / Financial Planning / Estate Planning
- ABLE Accounts - An ABLE account allows a qualifying individual with a disability to have savings set aside up to allowable amounts, without impacting Social Security and Medicaid. Savings can then be used for qualifying disability-related expenses. An individual can only have one ABLE account and the person who benefits from the account is considered the owner of the account.
--- Montana ABLE Accounts, Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services - http://dphhs.mt.gov/dsd/developmentaldisabilities/ABLE
--- Montana ABLE - https://savewithable.com/mt/home.html
--- Montana ABLE Agent Authorization/Power of Attorney Form - https://cdn.unite529.com/jcdn/files/UABLE/pdfs/mt-poa.pdf
- Third Party Trusts / Special Needs Trusts